Commissioning the Music of Tomorrow
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is committed to developing and commissioning new artistic works that are relevant to today’s audiences. Through the support of the DeBoni New Works Programme, the CPO is able to invest in presenting important New Works from voices of our time. The programme supports the commissioning of new works in a classical style as well as new works for children Symphony Sundays for Kids performances.
The DeBoni New Works Programme has commissioned New Works such as:
- 2018/2019 Season – The Sandman’s Domain: Trombone Concerto by Vince Ho, and Making Light by Abigail Richardson and Alexis Diamond
- 2017/2018 Season – True North: Symphonic Ballet by Dinuk Wijeratne, Maxime McKinley, Derek Charke, Dorothy Chang, Vincent Ho and Hal Eagletail
- 2015/2016 Season – Daughter of Elysium, by Arthur Bachmann
- 2014/2015 Season – Alligator Pie, by Abigail Richardson
- 2014/2015 Season – Song of the Poets, by Abigail Richardson
- 2013/2014 Season – A Song of Joys, Stephen Chatman
- 2012/2013 Season – Afghanistan: A Requiem for a Generation, by Jeffery Ryan
Support the commissioning of New Works for the CPO by donating to the DeBoni New Works Programme.