The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is a Resident Company within Arts Commons and makes it’s home in the Jack Singer Concert Hall. The Jack Singer Concert Hall is described as one of the most beautiful and acoustically acclaimed venues in North America.
Designed by Artec Consultants, the concert hall seats over 1700 and is a synthesis of some of the world’s finest concert halls. Its ambience and acoustics are designed to offer a total live concert experience. It is modeled in an intimate rectangular form which is said to produce the best quality sound, and the concert stage is geared to host a wide variety of entertainment. It is also home of the impressive Carthy Organ donated by the Carthy Foundation in memory of Mrs. Margaret Mannix.
The Jack Singer Concert Hall is named after the late Mr. Jack Singer, whose sons Alan and Stephen honoured with a significant contribution in recognition of Mr. Singer’s commitment to the arts in Calgary.
The C-Train is located just one block away from the Jack Singer Concert Hall and there are many public parking lots in the vicinity. Evening and weekend parking in most lots is as low as $5. Visit www.calgaryparking.com for locations and rates.
Underground parking is available at Arts Commons, situated at 829 Macleod Trail SE. This parking lot is very popular and fills up quickly. The entrance is between 9th & 8th Avenues; accessible from the far left lane of Macleod Trail northbound.The Calgary Parking Authority operates the parkade beneath Arts Commons. Park your vehicle in a public parking stall indicated by an overhead green light
- Pay at a ParkPlus Machine immediately after parking
- ParkPlus Machines are located along key pedestrian walkways
- At the ParkPlus machine, enter your vehicle’s license plate information and how long you wish to park
- Follow the on-screen instructions and insert payment (coins and credit cards accepted)
- Although you can print a receipt, no ticket needs to be displayed on your dashboard
- For more information, please call the Calgary Parking Authority at 403.537.7000
Alternative Parking: The Civic Plaza Parkade (322 – 9 Ave SE) , as well as the Telus Convention Centre (1 St SE) or the open air lot on 9th Ave and MacLeod Tr N (South Side) are all nearby and offer alternative parking options if the Arts Commons parking lot is full.