Similar Upcoming Performances
Celebrate with Strauss Waltzes and Operetta Excerpts, featuring European Singers, Dancers and Full Orchestra!
THE STRAUSS SYMPHONY OF CANADA featuring the CALGARY PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
ANDREAS SPÖRRI, conductor (Zurich)
SERA GÖSCH, soprano (Vienna)
ADAM LUTHER, tenor (Toronto)
Featuring dancers from Europaballett St.Pölten (Austria) & International Champion Ballroom Dancers.
R. STRAUSS: “On The Beautiful Blue Danube”
This holiday season, the spirited romance of operetta, the glamour of ballroom dance, and the delicate beauty of ballet will waltz you into a triumphant New Year. Inspired by Vienna’s beloved New Year’s Concert, this charming celebration blends acclaimed European singers and dancers with The Strauss Symphony of Canada featuring the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra for a rich cultural experience that will leave your toes tapping. A Calgary tradition for 21 years, experience Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert: a toast to life itself!
*Repertoire to be announced. Artists are subject to change without notice.
+15 Access to the Jack Singer Concert Hall
Access to the concert hall via +15 is limited, so be prepared to use outdoor sidewalks whenever possible. The Telus Convention Centre is closing the +15 walkway that leads from Arts Commons to Glenbow Museum from 18 December – 25 December, and restricting access until 12 January, so that they can replace the carpets in those areas. There may be exposed concrete and minor adhesive present underfoot if the passage is opened before the new carpet is fully installed. The walkway from City Hall and the Palliser Hotel is also typically closed during this time. For more information or questions on the +15, please call 311.
City of Calgary – Road Closures
The City of Calgary will be celebrating its sixth annual New Year’s Eve Celebration on Sunday, 31 December 2017 at Olympic Plaza and City Hall from 6PM – midnight. As such, the following road closures will be put in place:
- Left lane closure and sidewalk closure on MacLeod Trail from 28 December 9AM to 2 January 8PM.
- MacLeod Trail full road closure from 30 December, 9AM to 1 January at 12pm (noon).
Please note, access to the Arts Commons Parkade will be maintained throughout the closure.
For the comfort and safety of our Salute to Vienna patrons, the city will be reopening select areas (below):
- Macleod Trail Northbound and 1st SE Southbound will be re-opened on 1 January at noon. Security will allow access to 8th Ave for drop-off only in front of JSCH building only.
- NO PARKING will be permitted along 8th Ave to allow for the safe teardown of our New Year’s Celebration.
- A No Parking-Drop Off Only will be set up in the Southbound layby on 1st SE to allow access to JSCH from 29 December 9AM – 2 January 12PM (noon). See map in link below.