What you need to know about this programme:
• Rush Hour concerts start earlier and feature shorter programmes that get you off the road and into a musical mood.
• Want to learn more about the music? At this concert, live tweets are carefully curated to inform the audience about the pieces being performed. Follow along @CPOrush.
• Conductor Steve Hackman is one of the most innovative artists contributing to a contemporary landscape in classical music.
• Hackman conducts Brahms’ Symphony No. 1, which is the source material for his boundary-shattering Brahms v. Radiohead project, featured in concert on 9 March.
• Brahms finished this symphony 20 years after he started it.
• Arrive early for Happy Hour and a chance to socialize in the lobby at 5:30PM.
STEVE HACKMAN, guest conductor
BRAHMS: Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68