What you need to know about this programme:
• Over the course of its exhilarating 90-minute run, Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony grapples with the greatest questions of existence, ultimately presenting a hopeful and humanist vision.
• Mahler is recognized as a significant influence during a period of musical transition and is one of the most popular composers of our time.
• “A symphony must be like the whole world… it must embrace everything,” the great composer once said. This monumental work, written for a massive orchestra, soloists, and chorus, testifies to that unshakeable conviction.
• Symphony No. 2 was written by Mahler at the age between the ages of 28 + 34.
• Presented in partnership with Sir Jack Lyons Charitable Trust.
RUNE BERGMANN, conductor
IWONA SOBOTKA, soprano
EDNA PROCHNIK, mezzo-soprano
MAHLER Symphony No. 2 (Resurrection)
This concert has no intermission