What you need to know about this programme:
- Polaris Prize and Juno Award-winner Jeremy Dutcher is at the forefront of today’s surging Indigenous Renaissance.
- The classically trained vocalist, composer, and ethnomusicologist rocketed to international acclaim following the release of his album, Wolastoqiyik Lintuwakonawa, inspired by 110-year- old wax cylinder recordings of his ancestors’ songs.
- Dutcher was an NMC Artist in Residence at NMC in 2016.
- This concert is presented in partnership with Calgary Folk Music Festival.
- Join us for a pre-concert fashion show presented as part of Otahpiaaki 2019: Ísstoíyítahsinni//Winter Counts — Celebrations of Indigenous Language Through Visual Sovereignty, Story & Design. This week-long event, presented in collaboration with PARK, is a gathering place for a host of Indigenous fashion designers, artists, musicians, and performers showcasing and celebrating indigenous beauty in all of its forms — intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual. The fashion show begins at 6:45PM and features four Indigenous designers. For more information visit otahpiaakifashionweek.com and ourparkonline.com.
LUCAS WALDIN, conductor
JEREMY DUTCHER, tenor + piano