What you need to know about this programme:
- Two-time Juno Award-winning Canadian singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Hawksley Workman performs his unique blend of anthemic folk and cabaret pop.
- A Folk Fest favourite, he captivated audiences worldwide with the generation-defining single We Will Still Need a Song,
- Hawksley released his new album, Median Age Wasteland, in 2019. Two singles from that album, 1983 and Battlefords , will be performed for the first time using orchestral arrangements by Sarah Slean.
- Expect show-stopping vocals and sonic textures ranging from subtle electronica to blazing rock.
- Please note, the lobby will be open at 6PM and the concert hall doors open at 6:30PM to accommodate for general admission seating. May contain strong language & adult themes.
Presented in partnership with Calgary Folk Music Festival
KARL HIRZER, conductor
HAWKSLEY WORKMAN, vocalist