What you need to know about this programme:
• Arranger and conductor Steve Hackman is one of the most innovative artists contributing to a contemporary landscape in classical music.
• Hackman constantly challenges what is possible and permissible, with Radiohead songs being altered or superimposed above Brahms’ score.
• This concert features vocalists, Kéren Tayar, Will Post, and Andrew Lipke.
• Radiohead, an English rock band, released their debut single “Creep” in 1992. The song went on to become a worldwide hit.
• Attend Rush Hour: Brahms on 7 March to hear Hackman conduct Brahms’ Symphony No. 1 whole and unaltered before this concert’s stunning transformation.
• May contain strong language + adult themes.
STEVE HACKMAN, guest conductor
Brahms v. Radiohead — Exit Music (For A Film)
Brahms v. Radiohead — Let Down
Brahms v. Radiohead — Subterranean Homesick Alien
Brahms’ Symphony No. 1