The Endowed Orchestra Chair Program is very important to the future of the CPO. Funds donated under this Program are added to The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra Foundation’s Endowment Fund and the income that is generated is held in perpetuity. The income that is generated is contributed each year to the Calgary Philharmonic Society. Your support helps the Orchestra realize its future artistic dreams by making it possible to attract and retain high-calibre players and elevate further the quality of the Orchestra’s performances.
Since the founding of the Program in 1987 with the Rozsa Music Director Endowed Chair, 11 additional donors have aligned their names with principal and section member orchestra positions. There remain 57 Orchestra positions awaiting your support!
Your donation will be held in perpetuity by The CPO Foundation and will be eligible, as are all donations to the Foundation, for matching funds from the Canada Cultural Investment Fund. Our deadline this year to apply for matching grants is November 30.
Ways to donate:
A gift may be made in the form of cash, securities or property by way of one payment or instalments over a defined period of time. Donations of securities may be eligible for additional income tax incentives.
Endowed Chair Donors:
- Rozsa Endowed Chair (Music Director, Roberto Minczuk)
- John & Ethelene Gareau Endowed Chair (Concertmaster, Diana Cohen) – In honourof Cenek Vrba’s 36 years of service
- Peter & Jeanne Lougheed Endowed Chair (Associate Concertmaster, John Lowry)
- Hotchkiss Endowed Chair (First Violin Section Member)
- Dennis Sharp & Hélène Coté-Sharp Endowed Chair (Second Violin Section Member, Craig Hutchenreuther)
- Dalgleish Endowment of Chair 66 (Second Violin Section Member, Lenora Leggatt)
- Eckhardt-Gramatté Foundation Endowed Chair (Principal Viola, Laurent Grillet) – In memory of Sophie-Carmen Eckhardt-Gramatté
- John & Jean Partridge Endowed Chair (Cello Section Member, David Morrissey)
- Deborah Yedlin & Martin Molyneaux Endowed Chair (Cello Section Member, Joan Kent)
- Bill & Irene Bell Endowed Chair (Piccolo, Gwen Klassen)
- Frank & Carol Gray Endowed Chair (PrincipalTrumpet Emeritus, Howard Engstrom) – In memory of Vincent Cichowicz
- Dick & Joyce Matthews Endowed Chair (Piano)
For more information, please contact:
Associate Director, Development
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
John M. Partridge